Golden Harvest Mfg. Co. Ltd., Malta’s largest manufacturer of bakery, confectionery and ice cream products, is seeking to recruit a Maintenance Technician
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager the chosen candidate will be primarily responsible for the maintenance of the Bakery’s plant and equipment to ensure that these function at optimum performance.
The prospective employee will be responsible for:
• Assist in the upkeep of the Bakery mechanical and electrical systems.
• Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
• Participate in the installation of new machinery.
• Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
• Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
• Oversee mechanical devices while in operation, detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Offer assistance with trouble shooting of equipment problems.
• Minimise downtime by informing production staff on standard preventive maintenance methods
• Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
• Assist the Maintenance Manager in the daily operations.
Prospective applicants must:
– Have an MCAST diploma or equivalent in engineering.
– Be responsible and organised person.
– Be a pro-active, flexible and systematic person.
– Have an eye for detail and excellent communication skills.